Contractor Opportunities

The Construction Standards and Quote Requirement for Contractors lists the procedure that contractors must follow when bidding for a Community Development project. For additional information regarding the City's home repair programs, please see Common Questions and Answers. 

Contractor Registration

Contractors working in home repair programs must register with the City as a vendor, obtain a Unique Entity ID (UEI) number and register with the System for Award Management (SAM):
  • City: The New Contractor Packet explains the necessary qualifications to work as a contractor for the City's housing programs as a vendor. This packet includes the Vendor/Contractor Registration Application, a vendor information form, and a W-9 form.
  • Unique Entity ID (UEI) Registration: All contractors must acquire a UEI number through the federal government's System for Award Management (SAM). You can visit the SAM website at to register. The process is free. Please refer to this fact sheet for UEI details.
  • SAM Registration: Contractors are required to register with the SAM. The process involves creating an Individual Account and then registering as a new entity. Please visit the website for details or contact the Montana Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAC) for assistance at 406.869.8410. PTAC assistance is free.

Lead-Based Paint

All home repairs undertaken by contractors paid with federal funds must comply with current regulations regarding the management of lead-based paint.

Economic Opportunity for Low-Income Businesses & Individuals

Section 3 ensures that employment and economic opportunities generated by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) financial assistance for construction activities shall be directed to low-and very low-income persons.