I have a kiosk, Christmas tree lot, fireworks stand, or food cart so what kind of permit do I need?

In addition to a business license, the business needs a Temporary Use Permit from the Planning Division if your mobile or seasonal business is continuously located in the same spot for more than 3 days at a time. For example, if you park your food truck at the same parking lot every day and leave it there overnight for more than 3 days, you will need a Temporary Use Permit. The permit must be accompanied by a site permit including building size, location, dimensions of the lot and measurements to meet setbacks, traffic flow, stacking of vehicles (if applicable), parking, and exits. Your kiosk or food cart may not block exits and must comply with clear vision for street traffic. Temporary Use Permits must also be signed by the property owner. Temporary Use Permits may be renewable for locations where the use is located year round, such as a coffee kiosk. Seasonal (not a full year) uses cannot be renewed – a new permit is required each year. A renewal of a permit must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of expiration. Temporary structures that will be in place for longer than 90 consecutive days require a $1650 bond to accompany the application.

Show All Answers

1. If you operate a business in the city limits or provide a service to Billings’ residents do you need a business license?
2. May I have employees come to my house when I have a home occupation to meet for a daily work assignment?
3. I am an independent contractor (construction or landscaping), may I park my construction equipment at my residence?
4. If I move, am I required to update my business license?
5. If you close a business should I notify City Finance?
6. When do I renew my business license?
7. I have a kiosk, Christmas tree lot, fireworks stand, or food cart so what kind of permit do I need?
8. Do businesses that lease a building need to shovel the sidewalks?
9. Are businesses responsible for mowing the lawn and weeds on or behind the property?
10. My commercially zoned property is not currently occupied am I responsible for maintaining it for snow and weeds?